I use Ctlr-R every day since i learnt it over the shoulder of a colleague freelance developer.
After the 1st Ctrl-R, you can also
1. Return to execute it
2. left, right arrow and backspace to edit the commands before execution
3. Ctrl-R again to see previous matches
4. Arrows up and down to see previous or next commands
5. Alt-Arrow left and right to navigate by word instead of characters
6. ?? and ?? to move to the beginning and end of the command line == THIS IS THE MISSING ONE I COULD NOT FIND, IF ANYONE KNOWS IT PLEASE REPLY THANK YOU !!
Hope this helped.