There's an excellent open source conference that happens every year in Brussels in February, called FOSDEM. It consists of some main tracks, plus a series of sub-rooms, where various technical communities are given some space to use for whichever talks they choose; the schedules are centralised so that people can pop in and visit any talks in any room that looks interesting. This year, for the first time, this includes a "PHP and Friends" room - I'll be organising this and I'm looking for your input, please.
Basically, we need to get some great submissions, so that when we come to choose the schedule (and it is only one track, one day, there's only a few slots available), we can put together something really fitting to showcase PHP for a wider audience than a PHP conference. Selection will be done on the basis of talk topic, abstract and length in the first instance - we'll only take into account the actual speakers when we're curating the final list.
Key things you need to know:
- link to call for papers form (google forms)
- Event is 2nd (and 3rd, but the PHP room is on the 2nd) of February 2013, at ULB campus Solbosh in Brussels, Belgium
- No expenses will be covered by the event
- There's also a Call for Stands if you have a project that you would like to represent there
- If you're not speaking, come and join us anyway!