- Download PHPDocumentor and uncompress it into a directory inside your web root.
- Access the web interface by going to phpdoc.php in the newly extracted directory
- Enter the directory you would like to document
- Enter the directory the output should appear in (this needs to exist and be writable by the user your web server runs as)
- Choose a template! My favourite is the HandS one, but there are others and you can create your own later on
- Press the create button
- If your code wasn’t already documented correctly then there might not be a lot to see at this point. Go to the PHPDocumentor tutorial to find out how your commented code can become shiny documentation you can use
to blind your manager with scienceto empower knowledge-sharing within your team
- Regenerate the documentation
- Get the rest of your team to comment their code correctly
Now repeat steps 8 and 9 many times until you have beautiful documentation.